Skip to content

OMG it’s finally happened – Week 5 – Pregnancy Diaries

February 10, 2015

Update: 3/20 I’ve had this blog post hidden since early February. I was going to publish a series once we told our parents about the pregnancy over easter. We called them with the sad news last night so I’m posting them now.

So we’ve been attempting to get pregnant for the last 5 years, unsuccessfully… To say that it’s been stressful month after month, as my period would start again, would be putting it lightly. We’ve been tracking ideal dates for fertility for over two years and have yet to find that perfect time when I could get knocked up. So we finally went to a local fertility specialist who essentially told me that my chances of getting pregnant naturally would be slim to none. I was devastated.

That didn’t mean that I would fully give up. Jason and I were talking about the timeline for saving up to do IVF. The fertility clinic estimated costs to $28K for to get the chance to be parents… We’ve been praying and praying and praying to be parents… I know that they say expect miracles and answers to prayer, but I honestly didn’t think my prayers would be answered.

January was like any other month… except this time, I had light spotting when my period should have began. Okay, weird. I took a pregnancy test. Right away, not pregnant. Fine… Another week passed, no period yet on Thursday morning I took another pregnancy test. Not Pregnant. hmm… Period still hasn’t started. Friday night was Portent Inc’s game night. Since the last two tests were negative what’s the harm in a beer or two and joining in on many many rounds of Cards Against Humanity. So we had a hoot and played many rounds of games while sharing a beer or two. I woke up at 2 am and could not get back to sleep. I started praying and praying that since I hadn’t had my period that God could turn it into a pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test again — this time at 3 am, and the first up and down line that signifies pregnant appeared immediately. The only problem was that the line that was supposed to go straight across appeared but only oh so lightly.  My first thought was to run to QFC right then. I heard it’s open 24/7. I could go get a second test to confirm. However, I knew that I would need to drink some more water and wait a few hours to retest… so I drank as much water as I could hold and then went back to bed. Jason was shocked… oh so shocked when the alarm went off at 7 am and I hoped out of bed to run to the store. Crossfit started at 8 am and since I was up he decided to run down to teh gym to get some running. I bought the second pregnancy exam, ran home and tested for the second time in 6 hours. Immediately it popped back “PREGNANT”…


Wohoo! I can’t tell you how excited we are. I called my OBGYN and have an appointment on Tuesday to confirm and start getting advice.

YES! Prayers do get answered. Dreams do come true.

God is great all of the time!


From → Personal

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: